Telemundo Denver is recognized with a total of 10 Awards of Excellence including “Best Investigative Reporting” and Best News Anchor”
Denver, CO– The Colorado Broadcasters Association (CBA) awarded Telemundo Denver / KDEN a total of 10 Awards of Excellence at the CBA’s annual gala on Saturday, March 10 at the Denver Hilton City Center. The CBA awards recognize television and radio stations in Colorado for their outstanding work in journalism and broadcasting, in any language.
“We are honored and humbled to receive this recognition. I am very proud of our team for their hard work and dedication,” said Andrés Chaparro, President and General Manager, Telemundo Denver. “As our viewers’ demand for local news increases, we will continue to work tirelessly to keep our viewers informed with the information they need, in real-time.”
Full list of 2018 CBA “Awards of Excellence presented to Telemundo Denver:
- Best Station of the Year
- Best News Anchor or Team – Rosy Zugasti
- Best Investigative Reporting – “Diplomas de Enfermería Falsos”
- Best Breaking News Coverage Under Deadline Pressure – “Sujeto Atrincherado”
- Best Feature News Report – “Niño Meteorólogo”
- Best Sports Coverage or Program – “Tiempo Extra con los Broncos”
- Best Photojournalist – Erick Valenzuela
- Best Public Service Announcement – “No estás solo”
- Best Station Promotion/Marketing Campaign – “Concacaf Campaign”
- Best Video Essay with No Narrative – Artmando
To access the full list of winners, please visit the CBA’s website by clicking here.